Come work with us! Donor Relations Coordinator Job PostingDownload the Donor Relations Coordinator Job Description
Reporting directly to the Director of Development, assists the Foundation in all fundraising activities and provides administrative assistance supporting the Foundation.
The Donor Relations Coordinator is actively involved and coordinates Special Events, Third-Party Community Events, Direct Mail, Donor Recognition and Stewardship, and Website/Social Media. In addition, the Donor Relations Coordinator provides General Office Clerical.
This role is not for everyone- it is a high-volume and fast-paced team. You need to be comfortable changing focus quickly, making decisions without being afraid to fail and getting rid of obstacles so you and your team can do your best work. If you are enthusiastic about the cause and excited to be part of a great organization, then this is the role for you.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Following approved protocols and controls, receives donations to the Foundation, ensures that the gifts are correctly deposited and ensures that all batches are complete and full records are maintained at all times in Raiser’s Edge;
- Ensures that thank you letters and receipts are issued in a timely and accurate manner in compliance with CRA rules and regulations;
- Maintains schedule and sends out reminders for pledge payments;
- Ensures that the Monthly donors Direct Debits and Credit Card donations are processed and entered in a timely and accurate manner;
- Ensures that all donor and prospect records are constantly updated and accurate;
- Ensures the complete confidentiality of all donor information according to Donor Bills of Rights.
- Retains supporting documentation and records for all donations.
- Produces queries and reports as needed;
- Resolves issues related to processing gifts with payment platforms (BBMS, ScotiaConnect, and other third-party platforms);
- As required, greets members of the public, residents and family of residents/tenants who come to the Foundation office to drop off a donation or who require information;
- Assists the Foundation with donors who wish to donate a Gift-In-Kind.
- Coordinates Direct Mail program working closely with direct mail providers and ensuring deliverables based on Direct Mail annual strategic plan and objectives;
- Coordinates all aspects of Special Events and Third-Party Community Events;
- Posts content to the Foundation website and social media, ensuring accuracy, effective web design and readability;
- Working closely with the Director of Development, assists in donor-centred cultivation, stewardship, and recognition. Responds to donor inquiries and requests related to donation and tax receipts;
- Provide administrative support in filing, photocopying, scanning, preparation of mailings, supply inventory, courier packages and other related office duties;
- Undertakes special projects under the direction of the Director of Development as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- University degree or community college diploma in a related field or equivalent background in fundraising, administrative, communications and/or public relations;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a fundraising capacity in a not-for-profit organization;
- Thorough working knowledge of donation database software. Raiser’s Edge knowledge is an asset;
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to meet multiple and competing priorities;
- Strategic thinker and problem solver;
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to audit work for accuracy and quality;
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction/supervision;
- Highly professional, acts with integrity;
- A drive to succeed personally and to support team success;
- Excellent verbal and written skills; bilingual (English/French) preferred;
- Flexibility to work some evenings/weekends as required.
Compensation Range: $50,575-60,930 plus benefits package
The deadline to apply for this position is 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 25, 2022. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. As part of the selection process, we ask that candidates submit a cover letter and resume.
E-Mail: Courtney Rock - email@example.com
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For candidates selected for consideration, Perley Health, upon request, will make reasonable accommodation for any disability-related needs with respect to the recruitment process and materials.