Joint Estate Planning Seminar
The benefits of including a charitable gift in your Will
You're invited to a virtual information session on the many factors and strategies to consider when creating or updating your will.
Date: Thursday September 24, 2020
Time: 10:00am to 11:30am
Location: via Zoom
Join Heather Austin-Skaret and André Martin, both Partners at Mann Lawyers, as they lead us in this virtual interactive session focused on helping you avoid common estate and tax errors, and increase income with estate and charitable gift planning. Heather will share her expertise in estate planning administration, and Martin will provide guidance on tax planning. We’ll also hear from a donor who has made a charitable gift in their will and will share the benefits of doing so. Following their 30-minute presentation, Heather and André will address your questions. More about Heather Austin-Skaret and André Martin
Join us from the comfort of your kitchen, deck or cottage!
While previously held in person, we’re moving to a virtual event this year to ensure our participants’ safety as we continue to deal with Covid-19. All you need is your laptop and a great cup of coffee!
This virtual information session will be hosted by The Ottawa Mission Foundation via Zoom, in partnership with The Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Centre Foundation, the National Arts Centre Foundation, the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation, Hospice Care Ottawa, the YMCA-YWCA of the National Capital Region, the Ottawa Food Bank, the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa, and the Youth Services Bureau Foundation.
We hope you’ll join us Thursday September 24 from 10:00am to 11:30am for this half-hour presentation, followed by an hour of addressing your questions.
1) Please register here.
2) Please RSVP by Thursday September 17 to Maureen Forrester at 613-526-7180 ext. 7150, or by emailing email@example.com.
- If you wish to invite a guest, kindly include their name and email address and phone number when responding to us.
- If you have 1-2 questions you’d like our presenters to address during the session, please include them with your RSVP (we’ll try to get to as many questions as we can during the session).
3) We’ll confirm your registration with a Save the Date event invitation you can open and save in your computer calendar.
4) Several days prior to the event, we’ll send you a link to the Zoom event.
5) If you have questions prior to the event, you can reach out to us at any time at 613-526-7180 ext. 7150
6) Please note your email details, when registering for this event, will be used solely for the purpose of the event.
Haven’t used Zoom before?
Not to worry, it’s easy. Once registered, you’ll receive a link several days prior to the event. On September 24, just prior to 10 am, simply click the link to the online event, and you’ll be asked to use your computer’s video and audio capabilities. If you prefer, you can opt out of the video and simply use your audio to join the event. All participants will be placed on mute to ensure everyone can see and hear the presentations. A question and answer session will follow, and you’ll be unmuted so we can easily address your questions. Learn more about Zoom here.
View location on Google Maps: