Residents Priority Needs List for 2022 Veterans' Comfort
To achieve excellence in health, comfort, and quality of life for Veterans who call the Perley home.
- Replace two portable bladder scanners (2 @ $7,500 each) to perform quick, easy and non-invasive scans of the bladder to safely and accurately evaluate the need for catheterization.
- Procure two new lifts (1 Maxi 500 @ $6,500 and 1 SARA Lift @ $9,000) to assist Veterans with safe transfers.
- Purchase three Carendo chairs (3 @ $11,500 each) to ensure wheelchair bound Veterans have a comfortable and safe experience during their bathing routines.
- Purchase one steamer ($4,400) to clean and prepare mobility equipment for use by Veterans.
- Purchase two palliative care carts (2 @ $1,275 each). Carts are used by families while visiting with their loved ones at end of life. Carts are equipped with items to provide comfort such as music, blankets, tea etc
- Purchase four vital sign machines (4 @ $3,800 each) to easily monitor and read blood pressure, pulse, temperature, and oxygen saturation.
- Procure one Broda chair ($4,700) to provide Veterans with tilt-in-space positioning chairs which prevent skin breakdown by reducing heat and moisture
- Purchase six commodes (6 @ $1,100 each) and 1 bariatric commode ($1,379) to provide comfortable and safe hygiene routines.
SPECIAL PROJECT - NEW VETERAN SECURE UNIT
- The Rideau Veterans Residence will have a new secure 20-bed unit specifically for Veterans, where they will receive the high-quality, compassionate care they so deserve. This wing will feature a secure environment and will provide safe, enriched care for Veterans living with dementia. ($40,000)