Joint Estate Planning Seminar
The benefits of including a charitable gift in your Will
A virtual information session on key factors and strategies to consider when creating or updating your Will
September 23rd from 10 to 11:30 am via Zoom
PLEASE NOTE: A copy of the presentation slides will be made available in advance of the seminar. A recording of the seminar, as well as a post-event survey, will be sent to you afterwards.
Join Douglas Buchmayer, Partner with Gowling WLG’s Ottawa office, for this virtual interactive session focused on helping you avoid common estate and tax errors, and increase income with estate and charitable gift planning. Douglas will share his expertise in estate planning, estate litigation, and estate administration. He specializes in Wills, powers of attorney, tax planning, trusts, trustee obligations, cottage succession planning, business succession, and more. Read about Douglas.
Join us from the comfort of your kitchen, deck or cottage!
While previously held in person, this is our second year to host this as a virtual event to ensure our participants’ safety as we continue to deal with Covid-19. All you need is your laptop and a great cup of coffee! Hosted by the Ottawa Mission via Zoom, this virtual information is also presented in partnership with Perley Health, the Ottawa Regional Cancer Foundation, Hospice Care Ottawa, the Ottawa Food Bank, the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa, and the Youth Services Bureau Foundation.
We hope you’ll join us September 23rd from 10 to 11:30 am for this half-hour presentation, followed by an hour of addressing your questions.
- Please register at: Joint Estate Planning Registration
- Please RSVP by September 17th to Delphine Haslè at 613-526-7194, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you wish to invite a guest, kindly include their name and email address and phone number when responding to us.
- If you have 1-2 questions you’d like our presenters to address during the session, please include them with your RSVP (we’ll try to get to as many questions as we can during the session).
- We’ll confirm your registration with a Save the Date event invitation you can open and save in your computer calendar.
- Several days prior to the event, we’ll send you a link to the Zoom event.
- If you have questions prior to the event, you can reach out to us at any time at 613-526-7194.
- Please note your email details, when registering for this event, will be used solely for the purpose of the event.
Haven’t used Zoom before?
Not to worry, it’s easy.
- Once registered, you’ll receive a link several days prior to the event
- On September 23rd, just prior to 10 am, simply click the link sent to you which will allow you to access the online event
- You’ll be asked to use your computer’s video and audio capabilities. If you prefer, you can opt out of the video and simply use your audio to join the event.
- All participants will be placed on mute to ensure everyone can see and hear the presentations.
- A question and answer session will follow, and you’ll be unmuted so we can easily address your questions.
- Learn more about Zoom here.
We look forward to having you with us on September 23rd from 10 to 11:30 am for our session: The benefits of including a charitable gift in your Will.
View location on Google Maps:
Online with Zoom